A site for students and teachers of Mathematics
Need to find about ... Look no further, try those
search engines below and with a little luck...
Want to know what time it is? Below you will
find the current EST provided by the US Naval Observatory Master Clock time ...
(Optimized for Netscape)
Do you want to synchronize your PC with one of those time servers? To
download Windows software to synchronize your local clock to UTC(NIST)over the Internet click here. To download
Windows software to synchronize your local clock using a direct dial-up connection to NIST
Year 2000, when
Something to Read
In this section we will point out articles that
are worth reading in our opinion. We will update this section at the most every other
month. So, come and visit it frequently.
Life On Mars
On-Line Life on Mars: Possible Relic Biogenic Activity in Martian Meteorite ALH84001.
- Life on Mars:
Federation of American Scientist
- In Focus: Bugs in the data? The controversy over martian
life is just beginning. Scientific American, October 1996.
- Global Climatic Change on Mars by Jeffrey S. Kargel and
Robert G. Strom; Scientific American, November 1996.
- War of Worlds by Sharon Begley and Adam Rogers; Newsweek,
February 10, 1997
Cancer Research and Genetic Developments
- What you need to know about Cancer. Scientific
American(Special Issue), September 1996.
- Cell Suicide in Health and Disease by Richard C. Duke,
David M. Ojcius and John Ding-E Young; Scientific American, December
- Discovering Genes for New Medicines by William A.
Haseltine; Scientific American, March 1997.
- Our Infamous Alumnus- ContinuUMnews,
Volume 5, No2, Fall 1996. A summary of the graduate years of Theodore Kaczynski (the
"Unabomber") at The University of Michigan's Department of Mathematics.
- Mathematical Recreations-A guide to computer dating by
Ian Stewart; Scientific American, November 1996. The following link is a
complement to this reading: Calendar
- The Microsoft Century by Steven Levy; Newsweek,
December 2, 1996.
- What Goes Up Must Come Down by Allan Sloan; Newsweek,
December 16, 1996.
- A Guide To Managing Your 401(k) by Ellyn E. Spragins; Newsweek,
December 16, 1996.
- Why You Can't Relax About Retirement by Jane Bryant
Quinn; Newsweek, December 16, 1996.
- The Einstein-Slizard Refrigerators by Gene Dannen; Scientific
American, January 1997.
- Special Briefing- The 1996 Nobel Prizes for Science; Scientific
American, January 1997. Click here to
access the Nobel Prize Internet Archives.
- Catch a Comet by Its Tail - The Amateur Scientist by
Shawn Carleson; Scientific American, January 1997. Read about comet
Hale-Bopp, predicted to be the brighest comet of 1997. Click here to go to its Web Page.
- The following link: A guide to using internet for
research serves to explain what Internet resources are useful to research and gives
some pointers on how to find information relevant to your research project.
- I'am Sorry, Sir, But the 20th Century Just Disappeared -
The Millennium Notebook; Newsweek, January 27, 1997.
- Beyond 2000 - America in the 21th Century; Newsweek,
January 27, 1997.
- Can We Clone Humans by Sharon Begley; Newsweek,
March 10, 1997.
Of Related Interest:
- Transgenic: Livestock as Drug Factories by William H.
Velander; Henryk Lubon and William N. Droham; Scientific American,
|Well, you went through my page. If you have any comments or
suggestions on how to improve it, please drop me an e-mail by clicking the envelope icon
below. Thank you for visiting it.
Local Time in Miami, USA is: